Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Does your Mouse have Programmable Buttons?

I have another huge time-saver for you. Program those Mouse Buttons!!

My mouse is a Logitech Laser - Wireless Notebook mouse. I bought it on ebay - and I'm on my second one because I love it so much. I left the USB plugged in and when I moved my laptop - I wasn't very careful. After getting bumped around, a lot, it finally gave out. I'm much more careful now.

What I love about this mouse is the programmable buttons. Many mice have them so you may just be using one right now!

Mine has 2 programmable buttons, I have them set as follows:

1 - Close the current tab or window - Program the button for a Keystroke Assignment - "Ctrl+w" After I'm done entering and I see the confirmation screen, I simply click the button and the current tab closes. Take me to the next sweep please!
It's unbelievable how much time that saves, when you don't have to move the mouse and find the "X" to close that screen!

2 - Back - My second button is set to go back a page in the browser - great for unlimited sweeps, where you can just go back and enter from the same screen again. My laptop also has a button on the keyboard that goes back - I really love that key.

My mouse at work doesn't have programmable buttons, and it drives me crazy - I miss it so much! I may just end up replacing that baby. I hope I win a Gift Card soon to pay for it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog. I'm an OLSer too. I am going to have to get myself one of those mice...I like the "Close the current tab or window" feature - that would speed up daily entries a lot! Good luck with the blog!

    ReplyDelete